Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Esthero & the Brazilian Girls

You guys!
 
Would anyone be interested in going to the Esthero/Brazilian Girls show at Irving Plaza?? http://www.irvingplaza.com/bands/bio.php?ID=1770
 
Wed, Sept. 14 at 8pm. $25.
 
Ok I suck at reviewing things, but if you don't know of them--if I had to describe or categorize them, I'd say that Esthero used to lean more towards lounge/trip-hop but her new album and new sound lean closer to jazz/funk/r&b. Her album, Breath From Another, is one of my fave albums of all freakin time!! And the Brazilian Girls, also a trip-hoppy/jazzy/loungy kinda sound. And they've kinda got this tongue-in-cheek/overtly sexual thing goin on which I think is awesome. And only one of them is a girl actually.
 
Lemme know!!
Anna

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat(i)e said...

Anna!!

Glad to see that the commute to/from my neck-of-the-woods hasn't killed you...yet :)

I'm definitely interested, but am not 100% sure that I can go. Keep you posted...

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home