Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My coworker wants to listen to Warm 106.9.

From the Seattle Weekly:

Ask an Uptight Seattleite
My coworker wants to listen to Warm 106.9.



Dear Uptight Seattleite,
I work in an office and the admin in the next cube is always listening to Warm 106.9, the soft rock station. What's wrong with people?
Music Fan


Dear Fan,

I know exactly what you mean. Even at this graphic design studio I'm at, everyone's pretty cool, but we've got this one guy, whenever it's his turn with the station, we have to listen to KNDD 107.7 The End. So that's, like, two hours without KEXP. It's like, yeah, let's listen to some more grunge. I mean, it's pretty hard to concentrate on doing some really breakthrough, scalable CRM-packaging customization when you've got this corporate Soul Asylum crap stinking up the cube.

I was at the Comet the other night with Chris, having my "white trash classic" (Jack and Coke!). Which is totally fucking weird, by the way. Liquor at the Comet. It's like a seismic shift in the whole fabric of the cosmos. It's like pizza at McDonald's. No, I mean it. It's amazing. So anyway, Chris was telling me that John in the Morning did this big hilarious takeoff on commercial radio this week. How they play the same shit over and over. The same fucking playlist every day. It's like, without KEXP, we'd be this small-minded musical wasteland. No indie rock. No electronica. No indie rock. What's sad is there are all these people out there who can't even think for themselves. They've never even heard KEXP. They think the "Song of the Day" podcast is something you get from VH-1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home